- Incredible India
- Special Places
- Mini Itineraries
- Indian Journeys
- Amongst the Maharajas
- Indian Highlights
- Classic India
- Beyond the Golden Triangle
- North Indian Highlights
- Rajasthan Explorer
- Rajasthan in Style
- Rajasthan Safari
- Wildlife of India
- Amritsar, Dharamsala & Rajasthan
- Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh
- North India in Style
- Himalayan Frontiers
- Frontiers of India
- An Introduction to Kerala
- South Indian Highlights
- South Indian Adventure
- Hills & backwaters of Southern India
- About Us
- Contact Us
Amongst the Maharajas
Day 1: DELHI
Arrive and transfer to hotel. Stay at Florence Inn.
Days 2 & 3: PACHEWAR
Early morning express train to Jaipur. Continue by road to the small village of Pachewar where you stay in the lovely 300yr old fort. There is a full day to explore this rural setting. Stay at Pachewar Garh for two nights.
Day 4: BUNDI
Drive to Bundi which has one of the most magnificent forts in Rajasthan, famous for its delicate miniatures. Stay at Bundi Haveli.
Day 5: BIJAIPUR
Drive to Bijaipur where you stay the night in an elegant 200 year old palace. Stay at Castle Bijaipur.
Day 6: KHEMPUR
Visit Chittaurgarh, probably India's greatest medieval fort. Continue to Khempur from where you can explore the surroundings on horseback. Stay at Rawla Khempur.
Days 7 & 8: UDAIPUR
Drive to the picturesque `White City' of Udaipur where you stay in a haveli on Lake Pichola. The next day a morning tour introduces you to this beautiful lakeside city with the afternoon at leisure to enjoy its narrow alleyways. Stay at Jagat Niwas Palace Hotel for two nights.
Day 9: NARLAI
Drive via the formidable Kumbhalgarh fort to Narlai, a small town overlooking a giant 90m single rock of granite, dotted with caves and temples. Stay at Rawla Narlai.
Day 10: RANAKPUR-JODHPUR
Morning optional walk to historic temples in and around Narlai, followed by a visit to the superb Jain temples of Ranakpur. Afternoon drive to the `Blue City' of Jodhpur. Stay at Devi Bhawan for two nights.
Day 11: JODHPUR
Morning visit to the impressive Meherangarh Fort.
Day 12: CHANDELAO
Drive to the small heritage hotel of Chandelao Garh. Here, with no other tourists around, you can interact with the local community and learn about the art, culture and heritage of Rajasthan. Afternoon jeep safari to the surrounding villages. Stay at Chandelao Garh.
Day 13: OSIAN
Travel to Osian, an ancient town in the Thar desert. You spend the night in a beautiful tented camp in the sand dunes. Evening camel ride in the desert. Stay at Dera Eco.
Days 14 & 15: BIKANER
Drive via Nagaur and the unique Karni Mata Temple at Deshnok to Bikaner, a particularly interesting town. The next day enjoy a guided morning tour of Junagadh Fort. Stay at Lallgarh Palace for two nights.
Day 16: MANDAWA
Continue to the Shekhavati area of Rajasthan, famous for its havelis with colourful frescoes and murals. You stay in a resort with in `luxurious' mud huts. Stay at the Desert Resort.
Days 17 & 18: JAIPUR
Drive to the `Pink City' of Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan. Take a tour of this beautiful palace-filled city. Stay at Alsisar Haveli for two nights.
Day 19: AGRA
Drive via the deserted Moghul city of Fatehpur Sikri to Agra. Stay at Mansingh Palace.
Day 20: TAJ MAHAL-DELHI
Take a morning visit to the Taj Mahal. Afternoon drive back to Delhi. Stay at Florence Inn.
Day 21, DELHI
Tour ends after breakfast. Transfer to Delhi airport to connect with your onward travel.
Fact Finder for this Tour
- A fascinating journey visiting Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur
- Stay in atmospheric heritage hotels, palaces and lavish tented camps
- Head off the beaten track to see how life exists in rural communities
- Take a camel ride into the Thar Desert and a jeep safari to tribal villages
- Explore ancient forts and temples including the Taj Mahal
Daily from Delhi except Monday (as the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays)
Not advisable in May and June (due to uncomfortable heat)
From 2291 USD per person - based on 2 people sharing
- Accommodation on twin share basis at selected hotels
- Stay on bed & breakfast basis; full board at Osian
- Day train by air-conditioned `chair car' from Delhi to Jaipur
- English-speaking local guide for tour of Delhi, Udaipur, Mandawa, Bikaner, Mandawa, Jaipur & Amber Fort, and Agra
- Jeep safari at Chandelao
- Camel safari at Osian
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with private chauffeur
- All transfers as per the itinerary
Tour price excludes
- International flights
- Entrance fees to historical monuments