- Incredible India
- Special Places
- Mini Itineraries
- Indian Journeys
- Beyond the Golden Triangle
- Indian Highlights
- Classic India
- North Indian Highlights
- Rajasthan Explorer
- Rajasthan in Style
- Rajasthan Safari
- Amongst the Maharajas
- Wildlife of India
- Amritsar, Dharamsala & Rajasthan
- Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh
- North India in Style
- Himalayan Frontiers
- Frontiers of India
- An Introduction to Kerala
- South Indian Highlights
- South Indian Adventure
- Hills & backwaters of Southern India
- About Us
- Contact Us
Beyond the Golden Triangle
Day 1: DELHI
Arrive in Delhi where you are met and transferred to your hotel. Stay at Florence Inn.
Day 2: SHEKHAVATI
Drive to the Shekhavati area of Rajasthan, renowned for its painted frescoes and ornate havelis (merchants' houses). You spend the night in an immaculately restored heritage hotel, the Castle Mandawa.
Day 3: SHEKHAVATI
You take a camel ride and overnight in `luxurious' mud-built huts. Enjoy the azure swimming pool overlooking the rolling sand dunes of Mandawa. Stay at the Desert Resort.
Day 4: JAIPUR
Drive to Jaipur, popularly known as the `pink city'. Afternoon excursion to the splendid Amber Fort, with magnificent views over the hills around. Stay at Hotel Madhuban for two nights.
Day 5: JAIPUR
Morning Jaipur city tour. Remainder of the day at leisure to explore the lively bazaars and haggle for exotic souvenirs.
Days 6 & 7: RANTHAMBORE NATIONAL PARK
Drive to Ranthambore National Park where you stay in a deluxe tented camp. In the afternoon you visit the magnificent old Ranthambore Fort, now populated only by monkeys. The next day you take a morning and afternoon game drive and try to spot tigers and other wild animals. Stay at Ranthambore Bagh for two nights.
Day 8: KARAULI
Drive to Karauli where you stay in a Maharaja's residence. Afternoon walking tour of Karauli market (a very `local' experience!) and the wonderful City Palace, where you won't see another tourist and can get lost for hours in the hidden passages and beautiful rooms. Stay at Bhanwar Vilas Palace.
Day 9: BHARATPUR/AGRA
A short drive takes you from Karauli to Bharatpur where you visit the Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary, one of the finest bird sanctuaries in the world. You finish the day in Agra. Stay at Mansingh Palace.
Day 10: AGRA
Visit the Agra Fort and the magnificent Taj Mahal, one of the most beautiful buildings in the world. In the afternoon drive back to Delhi. Stay at Florence Inn.
Day 11: DELHI
Tour ends. Transfer to Delhi airport for your onward flight.
Fact Finder for this Tour
- Visit the Taj Mahal, the pink city of Jaipur, Amber Fort and New Delhi
- Take a tiger safari at Ranthambore and spot exotic birds at Keoladeo
- Ride camels around rural Rajasthani villages and rickshaws in towns
- Immerse yourself in local culture on walking tours of Shekhavati and Karauli
- Stay in luxurious mud huts, a restored heritage hotel and a Maharaja's home
Daily from Delhi except Monday (as the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays)
Please note that Ranthambore Park remains closed from 1 July to 1 October
From 1248 USD per person - based on 2 people sharing
- Accommodation on twin share basis at selected hotels
- Stay on bed & breakfast basis
- English-speaking local guide for tour of Mandawa, Jaipur & Amber Fort, Ranthambore Fort and Agra
- Camel ride at Mandawa
- Game rides at Ranthambore
- Park entrance fees at Ranthambore National Park
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with private chauffeur
- All transfers as per the itinerary
Tour price excludes
- International flights
- Entrance fees to historical monuments