- Incredible India
- Special Places
- Mini Itineraries
- Indian Journeys
- Classic India
- Indian Highlights
- Beyond the Golden Triangle
- North Indian Highlights
- Rajasthan Explorer
- Rajasthan in Style
- Rajasthan Safari
- Amongst the Maharajas
- Wildlife of India
- Amritsar, Dharamsala & Rajasthan
- Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh
- North India in Style
- Himalayan Frontiers
- Frontiers of India
- An Introduction to Kerala
- South Indian Highlights
- South Indian Adventure
- Hills & backwaters of Southern India
- About Us
- Contact Us
Day 1: DELHI
Arrive in Delhi where you are met and transferred to your hotel. Stay at Florence Inn.
Days 2 & 3: JAIPUR
Drive to Jaipur, the captivating `Pink City'. You visit the fabulous Amber Fort. On Jaipur's streets, camel carts, scooters, cycle rickshaws, modern cars and bullock carts all jostle for space - a total riot of colour. You may even see a load of computers carried by a camel cart! Stay at Dera Rawatsar for two nights.
Days 4 & 5: AGRA
Continue to Agra. Stop en route at Fatehpur Sikri to visit the remains of the abandoned former Moghul capital. In Agra you visit the Agra Fort and the fantastic Taj Mahal, a sight which will leave you breathless. Stay at Mansingh Palace for two nights.
Day 6: ORCHHA
Travel by express train to Jhansi. On arrival in Jhansi you will be met and transferred to Orchha. Afternoon time to explore Orchha, the former capital of the Bundela dynasty who left a legacy of magnificent monuments. Stay at Amar Mahal.
Day 7, KHAJURAHO
Drive from Orchha to Khajuraho, known for its temples representing the finest art and architecture of medieval India. Every inch of the outside, and much of the inside, of these temples is covered by superb stone carvings. The sculptures are sublime and sensuous at the same time. You visit the Khajuraho temples on a guided afternoon tour. Stay at Usha Bundela.
Day 8, VARANASI
Drive from Khajuraho to Satna to board the train to Varanasi. Here you will stay for two nights in a hotel near the Ganges. Stay at Palace on Ganges for two nights.
Day 9, VARANASI
Varanasi is the most important pilgrimage place for Hindus. All Hindu's should come here at least once in their lifetime. The principal attraction of Varanasi is the long string of bathing ghats, which line the west bank of the Ganges, from which pilgrims make their sin cleansing dip in the holy river and on which bodies are cremated. Watching the religious rituals (best at sunrise and sunset) and everyday life of this chaotic, crowded, but most fascinating of Indian cities, is a unique and profound experience. A boat ride on the Ganges at dawn, when it is full of pilgrims, is an amazing experience. In the afternoon you take an excursion to Sarnath where Buddha preached his first sermon.
Day 10, TRAIN
Day at leisure in Varanasi. Evening travel by air-conditioned sleeper train from Varanasi to Delhi.
Day 11: DELHI
On arrival you check in to your hotel and enjoy a free day. Stay at Florence Inn.
Day 12: DELHI
Tour ends. Transfer to Delhi airport to connect with your onward travel.
Fact Finder for this Tour
- Venture into Rajasthan and visit the captivating `Pink City' of Jaipur
- Explore the famous medieval architecture and erotic sculptures at Khajuraho
- Experience the lively atmosphere of the holy city of Varanasi
- Take a cruise on the Ganges and explore the monuments at Orchha
- Absorb the simple magnificence of the Taj Mahal
Daily from Delhi except Monday (as the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays)
Not advisable in May and June (due to uncomfortable heat)
From 1412 USD per person - based on 2 people sharing
- Accommodation on twin share basis at selected hotels
- Stay on bed & breakfast basis
- Day train by air-conditioned `chair car' from Agra to Jhansi
- Day train by air-conditioned train (2-tier) from Satna to Varanasi
- Overnight air-conditioned train (2-tier) from Varanasi to Delhi
- English-speaking local guide for tour of Jaipur & Amber Fort, Agra, Orchha, Khajuraho, Varanasi & Sarnath
- Boat trip on the Ganges
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with private chauffeur
- All transfers as per the itinerary
Tour price excludes
- International flights
- Entrance fees to historical monuments