- Incredible India
- Special Places
- Mini Itineraries
- Indian Journeys
- Rajasthan Safari
- Indian Highlights
- Classic India
- Beyond the Golden Triangle
- North Indian Highlights
- Rajasthan Explorer
- Rajasthan in Style
- Amongst the Maharajas
- Wildlife of India
- Amritsar, Dharamsala & Rajasthan
- Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh
- North India in Style
- Himalayan Frontiers
- Frontiers of India
- An Introduction to Kerala
- South Indian Highlights
- South Indian Adventure
- Hills & backwaters of Southern India
- About Us
- Contact Us
Day 1: DELHI
Arrive in Delhi where you are met and transferred to your hotel. Stay at Park Premier.
Days 2 & 3: MANDAWA
Drive to the Shekhavati area of Rajasthan, renowned for its painted frescoes and ornate havelis (merchants' houses). You spend the night in an immaculately restored heritage hotel, the Castle Mandawa. The following day you overnight in the Desert Resort, in `luxurious' mud-built huts. Enjoy the azure swimming pool overlooking the rolling sand dunes of Mandawa.
Day 4: BIKANER
Continue to Bikaner to visit the grand Junagadh Fort. Stay at the impressive Lallgarh Palace.
Day 5: OSIAN
Drive via Nagaur and the unique Karni Mata Temple at Deshnok to Osian, an ancient town in the Thar desert. You spend the night in a beautiful tented camp in the sand dunes and take an afternoon camel ride in the desert. Stay at The Camel Camp.
Day 6: JODHPUR
Next is the `Blue City' of Jodhpur, dominated by the impressive Meherangarh Fort with magnificent views over the blue-hued city. Stay at Ajit Bhawan.
Day 7: RANAKPUR
South of Jodhpur are the superb Jain temples of Ranakpur. You stay overnight in Fateh Bagh, a beautifully restored heritage hotel. Stay at Ranakpur Fateh Bagh.
Day 8: UDAIPUR
Continue to the enchanting `White City' of Udaipur, surely Rajasthan's most picturesque city with its white marble palaces, placid blue lakes, attractive gardens and green hills. You stay at Jagat Niwas Palace hotel for two nights.
Day 9: UDAIPUR
In the morning you enjoy a tour of Udaipur which includes a visit to the huge City Palace. The afternoon is free to wander through the maze of alleys and interesting bazaars.
Day 10: DEOGARH
Nearby is the pleasant and little-frequented town of Deogarh. The narrow bazaar road, filled with textiles and silver jewellery shops, winds its way up to the top of the hill where you find the beautifully renovated 17th century Deogarh Mahal Palace.
Day 11: JAIPUR
Drive to the `Pink City' of Jaipur, the capital of Rajasthan, with its old pink-coloured sandstone buildings. You stay at Alsisar Haveli for two nights.
Day 12: JAIPUR
Visit the City Palace, the Observatory and the famous facade of Hawa Mahal or `Palace of Winds'. The afternoon is at leisure to explore the bazaars or perhaps visit the magnificent Amber Fort.
Day 13: AGRA
Drive via the abandoned Moghul capital of Fatehpur Sikri to Agra. Stay at Grand Imperial.
Day 14: DELHI
Morning visit to the Taj Mahal, India's iconic masterpiece. Afternoon drive back to Delhi. Stay at DolphInn.
Day 15: DELHI
Tour ends. Transfer to Delhi airport to connect with your onward travel.
Fact Finder for this Tour
- Immerse yourself in India's royal past amidst Rajasthan's stunning sites
- Visit impressive forts and castles, opulent palaces and ancient temples
- Travel to Jodhpur, Udaipur, Jaipur and, of course, the Taj Mahal at Agra
- Ride camels into the desert and wander a maze of bazaars in the cities
- Overnight in restored heritage hotels, `luxurious' mud huts and palaces
Daily from Delhi except Saturday (as the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays)
Not advisable in May and June (due to uncomfortable heat)
From 2171 USD per person - based on 2 people sharing
- Accommodation on twin share basis at selected hotels
- Stay on bed & breakfast basis; full board at Osian
- English-speaking local guide for tour of Mandawa, Bikaner, Udaipur, Jaipur & Amber Fort, and Agra
- Camel safari at Osian
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with private chauffeur
- All transfers as per the itinerary
Tour price excludes
- International flights
- Entrance fees to historical monuments