- Incredible India
- Special Places
- Mini Itineraries
- Indian Journeys
- South Indian Adventure
- Indian Highlights
- Classic India
- Beyond the Golden Triangle
- North Indian Highlights
- Rajasthan Explorer
- Rajasthan in Style
- Rajasthan Safari
- Amongst the Maharajas
- Wildlife of India
- Amritsar, Dharamsala & Rajasthan
- Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh
- North India in Style
- Himalayan Frontiers
- Frontiers of India
- An Introduction to Kerala
- South Indian Highlights
- Hills & backwaters of Southern India
- About Us
- Contact Us
South Indian Adventure
Days 1 & 2: KOVALAM
Arrive in Trivandrum, transfer to nearby Kovalam, the finest beach in South India. The next day is at leisure to shake off the jet lag and settle into the leisurely pace of life in South India. Stay at Thapovan Beach Resort for two nights.
Day 3: BACKWATERS
Drive to a village on Kerala's backwaters. Time to explore traditional villages by dug out canoe or on foot. Stay at Coir Village Lake Resort.
Days 4 & 5: KOCHI
Drive to Kochi, one of the most interesting and cosmopolitan cities in South India with Portuguese, Jewish, Chinese, Dutch and British influences! Time to explore Fort Cochin, the harbour and the islands, with so many reminders of the city's colonial past. Stay at The Old Courtyard for two nights.
Days 6 & 7: THEKKADY
A scenic drive to Thekkady, the best place to stay for a visit to Periyar Wildlife Reserve, one of the largest in India, deep in the scenic cardamom hills. There are numerous elephants, sambhar, wild pig, flying squirrel and over 260 species of birds. There is a full day for optional activities in the park. Boat trips are available on the lake. We organise a jungle walk through the dense jungle. Stay at The Wildernest for two nights.
Days 8 & 9: MADURAI
Drive to Madurai, one of the most lively and exotic temple cities. Afternoon visit to the magnificent Meenakshi Temple. There is then a further day to explore the colourful bazaars with street tailors, throngs of pilgrims and joyful religious processions. Stay at Royal Court. In the evening of Day 9 board the sleeper train to Mysore.
Days 10 & 11: MYSORE
Arrive in Mysore, a friendly and easy going city of shady trees and buildings of faded grandeur. Visit the colourful food markets and the magnificent Maharajah's Palace with its glittering interiors. You also drive up Chamundi hill for fabulous views over the city. Stay at Crystaal Park Inn for two nights.
Day 12: BANGALORE
Transfer from Mysore to Bangalore. Board the sleeper train to Hospet.
Days 13 & 14: HAMPI
Arrive in Hospet. Just a short drive away are the magnificent ruins of the Vijayanagar empire at Hampi. At the height of its power in the 16th century, the city rivalled Rome in splendour and controlled almost all of South India. You explore the city on foot. Stay at Shama's Cottages for two nights.
Day 15: GOA
Drive to Goa where you stay near the superb beaches of Candolim, Calangute and Baga. Stay at Presa di Goa for three nights.
Days 16 17: GOA
Relax and enjoy the Goan lifestyle. Goa is renowned for its Portuguese colonial heritage, architecture, temples and churches as well as its gorgeous tropical beaches.
Day 18: GOA
Tour ends. Transfer to Goa airport to connect with your onward travel.
Fact Finder for this Tour
- Explore the tranquil palm-lined backwaters and traditional villages of Kerala
- Chance to take a boat or walking safari into Periyar Wildlife Reserve
- Visit the grand buildings of colonial Kochi and historic Mysore
- Tour the magnificent temples of Madurai and fascinating ruins at Hampi
- Begin on the beach at Kovalam and end on the beach at Goa!
Daily from Kovalam
Not advisable in May and June (due to uncomfortable heat)
From 2018 USD per person - based on 2 people sharing
- Accommodation on twin share basis at selected hotels
- Stay on bed & breakfast basis
- Overnight air-conditioned train (2-tier) from Madurai to Mysore and Bangalore to Hospet
- English-speaking local guide for tour of Kochi, Madurai, Mysore and Hampi
- Kathakali dance performance
- Jungle walk in Peryar National Park
- Park entrance fees in Periyar National Park
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with private chauffeur
- All transfers as per the itinerary
Tour price excludes
- International flights
- Entrance fees to historical monuments