- Incredible India
- Special Places
- Mini Itineraries
- Indian Journeys
- Wildlife of India
- Indian Highlights
- Classic India
- Beyond the Golden Triangle
- North Indian Highlights
- Rajasthan Explorer
- Rajasthan in Style
- Rajasthan Safari
- Amongst the Maharajas
- Amritsar, Dharamsala & Rajasthan
- Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh
- North India in Style
- Himalayan Frontiers
- Frontiers of India
- An Introduction to Kerala
- South Indian Highlights
- South Indian Adventure
- Hills & backwaters of Southern India
- About Us
- Contact Us
Wildlife of India
Day 1: DELHI
Arrive in Delhi where you are met and transferred to your hotel. Stay at Florence Inn.
Days 2 & 3: SAWAI MADHOPUR - RANTHAMBORE
You take the train from Delhi to Sawai Madhopur, your base for visits to Ranthambore National Park. The next day take morning and afternoon game rides in the Ranthambore National Park - the open landscape makes tiger sightings, although not guaranteed, more frequent. Other wildlife includes sloth bear, jackal, crocodile and exotic birds. Stay at Ranthambhore Bagh for two nights.
Days 4-5: DEOGARH
Drive to Deogarh to stay for two nights in the beautifully renovated 17th century palace. One of the not-to-be-missed activities at Deogarh is the `Rural Ramble'. This exciting excursion takes you to surrounding countryside in one of the vintage trucks owned by the family. The lakes around Deogarh attract a number of birds and it offers some wonderful bird watching possibilities. Stay at Deogarh Mahal for two nights.
Days 6 & 7: SIANA
Journey to the picturesque Aravalli hills of south west Rajasthan, bordering the great Thar desert. The terrain here is a unique mixture of hills, sand dunes and picturesque ravines. The area is untouched by tourism and offers a good insight into a traditional way of life. From your garden cottage you visit small Bhil villages and Rabari pastoral settlements as well as taking an evening drive to look for leopards. Stay at Siana Gardens for two nights.
Days 8 & 9: LITTLE RANN OF KUTCH
Over the border into Gujarat lies the Little Rann of Kutch, a vast expanse of flat, barren land. You stay in a rustic camp on the edge of these salty plains and take jeep rides in search for the indigenous Indian Wild Ass. The plains also provide a haven for the endangered Indian wolf, desert cats, hyenas and birds of prey. Stay at Rann Riders for two nights.
Day 10: GONDAL
Drive to Gondal, a picturesque town with plenty of gracious architecture, wide tree lined roads and European lampposts. Here you can enjoy a taste of the royal lifestyle in the Orchard Palace, now a heritage hotel.
Days 11 & 12: SASANGIR
You continue to Sasangir, the last remaining sanctuary of the Asiatic lion. You take morning and afternoon jeep safaris - the lions are not shy once you find them! Other wildlife includes leopards, hyenas, wild boar and rare birds. Stay at Gir Birding Lodge for two nights.
Day3 13 & 14: PALITANA
Drive to Palitana where you stay in a charming heritage home-stay that sits in the shadow of the Shatrunjay Hill and its spectacular Jain temples. Early the next morning visit the hilltop temples at Palitana. The 863 temples date from the 11th century and are situated on top of Shatrunjaya hill with superb views. Stay at Vijay Vilas Palace for two nights.
Day 15: MUMBAI
Transfer to Bhavnagar airport to board the afternoon flight to Mumbai. On arrival at Mumbai you are met and transferred to your hotel near the airport. Stay at Hotel Parle International.
Day 16: MUMBAI
Tour ends. Transfer to Mumbai airport to connect with your onward travel.
Fact Finder for this Tour
- Experience India's rich wildlife through its varied landscapes
- Search for tigers in Ranthambore National Park
- Spot leopards in the remote areas of southern Rajasthan
- Track Asiatic lions in Gir National Park in Gujarat
- Explore the Rann of Kutch, famour for the Indian Wild Ass
Daily from Delhi
Please note that Ranthambore Park remains closed from 1 July to 1 October whilst Sasangir remains closed from June to mid-October
From 2296 USD per person - based on 2 people sharing
- Accommodation on twin share basis at selected hotels
- Stay on bed & breakfast basis; full board at Dasada and Sasangir
- Day train by air-conditioned `chair car' from Delhi to Sawai Madhopur
- English-speaking local guide for tour of Delhi, Udaipur, Mandawa, Bikaner, Mandawa, Jaipur & Amber Fort, and Agra
- Games rides at Ranthambore, Siana, Rann of Kutch and Sasangir
- Park entrance fees at Ranthambore, Rann of Kutch and Sasangir National Parks
- Jeep safari at Deogarh
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with private chauffeur
- All transfers as per the itinerary
Tour price excludes
- International flights
- Entrance fees to historical monuments