Kurseong & Darjeeling
Day 1, BAGDOGRA OR NEW JALPAIGURI TO KURSEONG
You either fly to Bagdogra or take an overnight train from Kolkata to New Jalpaiguri. Then you transfer by road through wonderful mountain scenery to Kurseong (1 hr), a lovely quiet hill station which makes a perfect stopover on the way to Darjeeling.
Stay at Cochrane Place
Day 2, KURSEONG TO DARJEELING
Morning tour of a tea plantation. Afternoon enjoy a ride on the toy train from Kurseong to Darjeeling (2 1/2 hrs), crossing spectacular scenery of forested hills and terraced tea gardens. Spread on a high ridge with stunning views of the Kanchenjunga and surrounded by tea plantations on all sides, Darjeeling really is a fascinating town.
Stay at Dekeling Hotel for two nights
Day 3, DARJEELING
Get up early to drive outside the town to Tiger Hill to watch the sunrise over Kanchenjunga, the third highest mountain in the world. The gold and orange vision on the horizon is truly worth getting up for. Afterwards visit the nearby monastery at Ghoom. Built in 1875, it houses famous Buddhist scriptures. In the afternoon you can visit the Tibetan Refugee Centre, the famous Himalayan Mountain Institute and a Tea Estate.
Day 4, ONWARDS FROM DARJEELING
Today your tour ends after breakfast. You can either continue to Pelling to explore Sikkim. Alternatively, you can continue to Phuntsoling (195 km, 6 hrs) to visit Bhutan.
Ideas to personalize this sample itinerary:
There are plenty of ways to change this sample itinerary, either to extend your stay or experience different areas in more detail.
Explore the bustling capital of Bengal
Stay in a botanist paradise
Be a guest in a Sikkimese home
Fact Finder for this Tour
- Take the famous mountain railway from Kurseong to Darjeeling
- Enjoy the tea plantations, religious centres and colonial buildings of Darjeeling
Daily from Bagdogra airport (or New Jalpaiguri railway station)
It is better to avoid the winter months from mid-December to mid-February and the monsoon months from June to September
From 342 USD per person - based on 2 people sharing
- Accommodation on twin share basis at selected hotels
- Stay on bed & breakfast basis
- Visit to tea plantation in Kurseong
- Toy train from Kurseong to Darjeeling
- English-speaking local guide for tour of Tiger Hill & Ghoom Monastery and Darjeeling
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with private chauffeur
- All transfers as per the itinerary
Tour price excludes
- International flights
- Entrance fees to historical monuments