Day 1, MUMBAI
Arrive at Mumbai where you are met and transferred to your hotel. Mumbai (formerly Bombay) is the financial, commercial and industrial capital of India. The city is also the centre of fashion and film making in modern India. As such the city hums with activity and its more than 10 million residents seem to be constantly on the move. Today is at leisure to explore Mumbai.
Stay at Sea Palace Hotel for two nights
Day 2, MUMBAI
Today you can enjoy a morning sightseeing tour of Mumbai. Mumbai used to be just a collection of fishing villages. The real development commenced only after the British East India Company took over the settlements from the Portuguese. Hence most of the historical monuments such as the Gateway of India are relics from the British Raj.
The afternoon is at leisure. You can consider crossing the busy harbour by boat to enjoy a visit to the cave temples at Elephanta Island (optional).
Day 3, ONWARDS FROM MUMBAI
Your stay ends after breakfast.
Ideas to personalize this sample itinerary:
There are plenty of ways to change this sample itinerary, either to extend your stay or experience different areas in more detail.
A good mid-range hotel
A stylish four star boutique hotel
Mumbai's top end hotel
Fact Finder for this Tour
- Visit stunning examples of colonial British architecture
- Enjoy a pulsating nightlife, with rocking bars, live music venues, and traveler hangouts
Daily from Mumbai
Not advisable in May and June (due to uncomfortable heat)
From 282 USD per person - based on 2 people sharing
- Accommodation on twin share basis at selected hotels
- Stay on bed & breakfast basis
- English-speaking local guide for tour of Mumbai
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle with private chauffeur
- All transfers as per the itinerary
Tour price excludes
- International flights
- Entrance fees to historical monuments